Chocolate chip cookies
3oz caster sugar
3oz light brown muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons golden Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
9oz self-raising flour
8oz chocolate (milk/dark/ white or a mixture)
1) Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a baking tray. Chop the chocolate and set aside.
2) Cream the sugars, margarine, golden syrup and vanilla extract together until pale and creamy.
3) Sieve in half the flour and thoroughly mix into the sugar/margarine mixture. Add the chocolate and mix into the dough.
4) Gradually add the rest of the flour, ensuring the flour is mixed in completely after each addition. The dough should be stiff enough to mould with your fingers but still soft. (See picture below)
5) Take one heaped tablespoon of dough per cookies and set on the tray- approximately 6 heaps per tray. Squash the heaps of dough down a little to encourage the cookie to spread. Bake the cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. The cookies will still seem 'doughy' in the middle when you first get them out of the oven. Allow them to cool for a minute or two on the tray before lifting them off with a spatula and placing on a cooling rack.